Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Posting Options

Let's look at configuring your blog posts. 

Go to your Layout page, and click Edit in the lower right corner of the Blog Posts box.


Lots of cool stuff to look at here, so think the look you want and play with some of these options:

First Main Page Options: how many posts do you want to show when your home page comes up? My personal preference is 12. I post 3 times a week, so 12 posts is a month's worth of material.

Post page link text: this has to do with Jump Breaks, which I'll talk about next week. "Read more" is pretty standard and perfectly fine unless you want something cute like, "Wanna see the rest of this? Click here!".

.

Post Page Options: This is all formatting information and is totally personal preference. You definitely want to include your dates and times (format them however you please), and comments. I changed mine to say, "Comments - leave yours here" because I don't think the commenting feature is that obvious.

You also need to include the Share buttons so your friends can post to Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc.

Play around with this until you have the options and the look you like. Be sure to click the orange Save button, then go to the top of the Layout menu and click Save Arrangement

When you look at mine and how sparse it is, remember I have a personal mantra of "Less is more" mainly because I'm distracted by a lot of icons. And shiny things :) 


I appreciate your comments and feedback - please leave yours below!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! I don't think the comment link is obvious enough either; now I know how to change it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!